The purpose of the symposium is to bring together experts from academia, industry and government in the field of digital forensics, cyber security, and cyber crime for potential collaboration and information exchange for future information protection. In the field of Digital Forensics, the two avenues known as technology and legislative provisions (rules and regulations) aimed to be explored concurrently. Without the legal aspects, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to provide an effective response towards cyber-attacks relying on the technology only.
Historically, the order of events of the symposium had the following schedule:
- the first symposium in the chain was hosted by Firat University in Elazig Turkey on May 20-21, 2013;
- the second at Sam Houston State University in Houston, Texas, USA on May 12-13, 2014;
- the third at the Gazi University in Ankara, Turkey on May 11-12, 2015;
- the fourth at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA on April 25-27, 2016; and
- the fifth at the Petru Maior University in Tirgu Mureş, Romania, on April 26-28, 2017.
The next conference (6th ISDFS) will be held on March 22-25, 2018 in Antalya, Turkey.
Please visit the web site for more details, deadlines and additional information at http://www.isdfs.org or send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org